Annalong Cornmill was built in the 1800’s and operated until the 1960’s being one of Ulster’s last working watermills.
The complex contains a grain drying kiln and 3 pairs of millstones. A 15ft waterwheel (a form of technology over 2000 years old) and a 1920’2 Marshall “hot-bulb” 20hp engine power it.
Acquired by Newry and Mourne District Council, restoration began in 1983 and it reopened in 1985.
For further information please contact the cornmill on Tel: 028 437 68736.