Craigmore Viaduct

Construction began on Craigmore Viaduct in 1849 and the bridge was opened in 1852. The 18 arch viaduct designed by Sir John O’Neill sweeps across the valley of Camlough River, the highest arch being 126ft making it the highest viaduct in Ireland. It is around a quarter of a mile in length and it consists of the finest granite from the surrounding countryside. The viaduct now carries the Enterprise Train link from Belfast to Dublin